TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
"Ron Hollandsworth"<[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 97 09:27:43 -0500

     Rob:
     Dover Soltec has a center wire support on their new Delta wave solder
     system which will allow processing of boards through the wave without
     fixturing.  I have processed boards at Soltec labs up to 18" wide with
     only a stiffner and this center support wire.  We also processed
     boards with large bottom side tantalum capacitors, chip resistors and
     capacitors, and two SOICS which were mounted 90 degress off from
     optimum.  We ran the boards to accomodate the SOICS from bridging and
     because of the chip wave, smart wave and main wave
     configuration/design we had a zero defect board.  I believe others,
     Electrovert and SEHO, have the center support wire as well.  I have
     experience with only Soltec.  We purchased one of their new Delta Wave
     Systems.

     RON