From:
"Jim Spendow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 96 14:52:41 EST
     I would also look into how many you have up in a stack. Stack drilling
     has its height limitations for small holes.

Subject: Re: Drilling shifted
Author:  [log in to unmask] at SMTPpost
Date:    8/26/96 2:44 PM

     Sounds like drill "wander".  This can be caused by several
     things.
     Here are a few basic places to start checking:

     1.  Make sure panels lay flat on the drill table.

     2.  Make sure there is no movement in back-up, or tooling plates.

     3.  Make sure tooling pins fit snugly into tooling holes.

     4.  If the problem can be traced to one (or more) particular
         spindle(s), it may be from excessive spindle runout.

     5.  Try changing entry material.

     Mark Dowding
     Multek, Irvine