From:
"Aguayo, Art" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 01 Apr 1996 09:28:00 -0800
---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: Administrator at Rogers-MCD
Date: 4/1/96 9:23AM
To: Art Aguayo at Rogers-MCD
Subject: Message not deliverable
----------------------------------- Returned -----------------------------------

From: Art Aguayo
Date: 4/1/96 9:22AM
*To: 27=technet::[log in to unmask]::25=SMTP  at ~FABRIK
*To: smurthy::(SMRTHY) at ~FABRIK
Subject: Re: RF substrates - test vehicles
     The industry standard test for dielectric constant is IPC-TM-650
     2.5.5.5. This is a stripline test usually done at 10 GHz.
     Unfortunately, the test needs material free of copper and a certain
     thickness of ground plane spacing is needed. At Rogers, manufacturer
     of various types of microwave/RF laminates (PTFE and non-PTFE based),
     we have found this to be the most repeatable test of the ones we have
     evaluated (microstrip, waveguide insertion test, HP dielectric probe).
     I don't know if what you need to do can be done using 2.5.5.5, but if
     you want to talk give me a call. Currently I'm travelling but should
     be back April 8.

     Art Aguayo, Technical Services/Applications Engineer
     http://www.rogers-corp.com