From:
Phil Bavaro <[log in to unmask]> (Phil Bavaro)
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 18:43:02 -0800
What type of soldermask are you using?

We have been using PTFE pwbs with LPI soldermask for a number of years now.
We based our acceptance on the IPC-HF-318 (??) specification.  But there
are still some gray (or is it grey?) areas which require disposition.

With LPI, bubbles that do not expose the conductor should be acceptable
provided the height of the maskant is not critical to the next assembly
(like under small chip caps).   Of course this assumes that the problem is
also not in the vicinity of the very sensitive RF circuitry.

Phil Bavaro
QUALCOMM Inc.                                        Telephone:  (619) 658-2542
6255 Lusk Blvd.                                        Fax:           (619)
658-1584
San Diego, CA 92121                                Email: