TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
Prasad Godavarti-G12162 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 16:24:00 -0500

Larry:

Why are you worried about PEMs on your circuit?

Do you not have capacitors, filters, Ceramic chip capacitors?

As the reflow temp. is raised, die-attach solders will likely melt, plastics
will degrade and items like solder masks may  also cause heartaches.

If this is a long life (or high-rel assembly) could you approach this with  a
more global perspective than simply PEMs.

More feedback is welcome.

G.S.S. Prasad