From:
"Paul Stolar" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 96 09:55:14 CDT
     In former incarnations, we always preheated the ceramic. I agree that
     you can get good solder joints without preheat, but it sure makes it
     much easier with the preheat. The problem I have seen is when you
     don't have the preheat, people feel under the gun and are forced to
     not do a good job (gotta ship and/or need to make my numbers). I
     strongly suggest that either keep the preheat or make it impossible to
     "cheat."