From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 96 12:59:48 cst
     Hi TechNet! - First, thanks for the replies to the spoke question that
     was posted (see wayyy below). The replies were detailed and covered a
     wide variety of both pro's and con's in relation to the problem
     (aren't electronics wonderful!). Second, a couple of people asked how
     a repair would be made. See below! And yes the repair can be a risky
     endeavor (that's why the question was originally asked!).

     The Repair: It depends on the circumstance.  Common ways are: 1)
     Jumper the grounded through to the nearest similar grounded through
     (Internal connections must be considered) 2) Wrap a wire to the lead
     occupying the grounded through and lap solder the wire to the adjacent
     clad with an 1/8-1/4 inch overlap of wire to clad  3) Remove a similar
     grounded pad from a scrap board with a 1/8-1/4 inch clad section
     attached and solder the pad over the existing pad. The length of
     attached clad is lap soldered to the adjacent clad area.

     I haven't looked in IPC R 700 but I'll bet these repairs are listed
     there.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins