Date:
Thu, 07 Nov 96 08:58:41 PST
     For small blind via, an aspect ratio of 0.5-1 (depth/diameter) is good.  We
     typically recommend .005"-.006" (drill, not finished) hole diameter for
     laser drilling.  I believe this is also a good number for other
     technologies, such as plasma and photoimageable dielectric.

     For large, deep blind vias (typically go down several layers), sequential
     lamination might be necessary.  This means you build a multilayer
     subassembly, drilled, plated and then laminated with another subassembly.
     In this case, the aspect ratio limitation of the "finished blind via"
     should be the same as the through vias.

     I think I may have repeated Dougal's comments.  If so, please take it as a
     confirmation.

     Mason Hu
     Zycon Corporation