From:
Mike Buetow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 09:33:44 -0500 (CDT)
The IPC Wetting Balance task group is undergoing a four part study of
the precision of weight measurements taken on the wetting balance and
correlation of the measurements among the test users and equipment
manufacturers.

The IPC Wetting Balance task group has finished two studies. One looked
at weight measurement, the second developed standard test samples.
These reports are issued as IPC-TR-466-1 and IPC-TR-466-2, and are available
from IPC's order department. Price: $15 members; 30 nonmembers.

The next two studies will study surface finish and preparation, and new
test procedures and acceptance requirements.

J-STD-002 (Solderability Tests for Component Leads, etc.) is undergoing
an update now that the IPC Wetting Balance task group has completed and
published their findings. It will probably be a year or more before
J-STD-002A is published.

Mike Buetow
IPC Technical Staff
2215 Sanders Road