From:
[log in to unmask] (John Laur)
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 07:33:41 -0500
A pemnut fastener is a nut that is pressed into sheet metal or pc board.
A screw can then be used to hold the board or an I/O module or whatever.

PEM BRAND is a trademark name.
Contact the following for a catalog:

Penn Engineering & Manufacturing Corp.
Danboro, Pennsylvania 18916-1000 USA
FAX: +1.215.766.0143
Phone: +1.215.766.8853
Sales Direct: +1.800.DIAL-PEM (USA ONLY)

PEM also makes press fit standoffs and SNAP-TOP standoffs
that require no screws.

They have a line specifically for PC Boards. (Bulletin K-1191 and
Bulletin KP-693)  The KP line is for plated thru-holes in multi-layer pcb's.

Have a happy day!

John Laur
Rockwell Automation
Allen-Bradley Co Inc.