From:
Bob Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
03 Nov 96 02:06:01 EST
Well dating back six years ago I had ten years experience in solder cut solder,
and wax cut solder with Electrovert machines and Hollis equipment and never had
a problem processing plated through hole boards we even did a limited number of
SMT board with just chips on in the latter period. It was possible to do this
because we had had a lot of experience of controlling the process and supporting
the board for cut off heights of 1mm.

Its not an easy process but it does work. Even when the blades get dull the cut
ends tend to burr and the lead joint still does not crack, the cutter speed,
cutter size and conveyor speed are key and its not for the faint hearted. Also
you need a good quality jig if you don't have the budget for jigs don't us
S-C-S.

Bob Willis
Process Engineering Consultant
Electronic Presentation Services
2 Fourth Avenue, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 4HA. England.
Tel: (44) 01245 351502
Fax: (44) 01245 496123
Home Page: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bwillis
Email: [log in to unmask]