From:
[log in to unmask] (John Laur)
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 08:29:06 -0500
Check out the web site:    www.ab.com

Allen-Bradley has an array of Scanners , Decoders and an integrated
Scanner/Decoder called "AdaptaScan"  TM.  We use our own bar-code
equipment in our electronic assembly facilities.

We have a 3of9 bar code that is generated when we create artwork.
(Home brewed Ample written for Mentor Graphics Software)
This bar code identifies the panel and is cross referenced to the
Allen-Bradley part number in the Manufacturing database.
It is silkscreened along with the legend and a solid filled block.
The solid filled block is laser etched at the beginning of the line to
create another bar code with more information.

If you would like more information, email me your address and phone
number.  I can pass it on to appropriate people here at A-B or I can
email back a contact based on your location.

I think we have your solution.

John Laur (Sr. Tech. Analyst, PCB Design)
Rockwell Automation
Allen-Bradley Co Inc.
1201 South Second Street
Milwaukee, WI 53204