From:
"Rick Ricketson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
4 Oct 1996 06:55:17 U
Peter, I am Eston Ricketson, Chief Technology Officer for Tycom Corporation...a
IPC member.  Tycom is a supplier to PCB fabricators of PCB drills.  We
specialize in small hole drilling, and have been involved in a number of hi-rel
applications.  We are presently developing a drilling simulation model for small
hole drilling.  We are teamed with Los Alamos National Lab, Allied Signal's DOE
facility, University of Michigan, University of NorthWestern, Texas Instruments,
and Circo Craft, to develop a 3D FEA model of PCB drilling processes.  The
effort is designed to design drills and PCB processes that improve PTH
reliability.  If this is an interest to the MFG council, I would be glad to
prepare a pesentation in the near future.

Rick 512-835-7975 (office)
     512-835-2070 (fax)
     1-800-401-6039 pager