From:
Andy Heidelberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 96 16:11:00 PDT

I agree with Doug.

If its going to fail due to corrosion etc. you are going to know it quickly.
In a previous life working for a Telecom equipment maker we would do the 500
hour test, but by looking at the readings and taking a quick peek at the
sample after a week you could tell if you were going to pass or not.

If the issue is time, and you do need to verify to Bellcore compliance  you
might want to consider taking a look after 7-10 days and giving a
"conditional" approval pending the test running out its full course.

Just my two cents. I have no doubt that some of the Bellcore and ex-Bellcore
gang
out there probably is going to be rebutting this soon....

Andy Heidelberg
Micron Custom Manufacturing Services