From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 96 13:53:11 cst
     Hello Bill -
        The only bad experiences that I have had with Indium solders/alloys
     relates to corrosion. Some of the use environments contained enough
     moisture that I had solder joint corrosion. Of coarse, these issues
     were an integral part of the pwa design (amount of voltage, component
     layout, etc) parameters and the end use environment - a poor material
     choice selection rather than problems with indium solder. Check out
     Chapter 2 for references on Indium containing solders in Solder
     Mechanics: A State of the Art Assessment by Frear, Jones, and Kinsman
     - there may be some information that is useful to you.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins