From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 96 09:11:07 cst
     Solder preferentially wicking up the leads rather than uniformly over
     the lead foot and pad sometimes is an indication that the component is
     reaching reflow temperature much earlier than the printed wiring
     board. Try hooking up some small thermocouples on both the lead and
     board pad to see if a change in the heating profile will remedy the
     problem. A second possibility is that your baking operation is
     oxidizing the board pads to the point the component lead is more
     wettable than the board pad. Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins