From:
"Terry Davey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 18:54:12 +0100

We use an assembly with 2225 1.2uF MLC SM caps mounted on Berquist (aluminium
with an insulating coating carrying the copper layers and SM components).

We are having problems with the caps cracking and then going s/c in the
field. Does anyone have any relevant experience and comments?

Is thermal mismatch likely to play a part in this case? Aluminium has a TCE
that is about 40% up on copper. I have read the comments earlier this
year but would appreciate any further input on eliminating thermal issues
as the cause.

Terry Davey --------------- [log in to unmask] ----------------------