From:
Davis Benjamin L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 08 Oct 1996 09:00:29 -0500
Does anyone have the mathmatical formulas to determine the current
carrying capacity of traces.  I know this information is available in
charts (Fig. 3-4a,b,c in IPC-D-275), but I was wondering if someone has
the mathematical formulas used to construct these charts.

My plan is to try and write a short program to figure the current
capabilities rather than search for my copy of the 275 and a
ruler/staightedge each time I need the infomation.  On the other hand,
if anyone has a script and can share it, I'd love to have it and save
myself some time.

If I get something together I'll be happy to share it (if I can).

thanks....ben
Ben Davis
Systems & Electronics, Inc.