From:
Michael Barmuta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:22:44 -0700
	Richard: TOC(total organic content)is another good tool that can be
used.However I would be careful in drawing to srong of a conclusion for
setting a carbon treat schedule based on TOC.As stated many things can effect
total organics and they are not always constant so quanities and signatures
can change.Also all organics are not harmful.Thus it becomes very difficult
to quantify and identify detrimental signatures in the mixed organic soup of
an acid copper bath.

	Bottom line is to be able to have useable correlation data as a
predictor to when the actual product being plated is starting to move out of
its acceptablity window.Many good paths and tools are available.

					Regards
					Michael Barmuta
					Fluke Corp.
					Everett Wa.