From:
"Trevor Galbraith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 14:12:14 +0000
Jim,

The following paper appeared in a back issue of Circuit World.

 ORDER No: 00798

  JOURNAL: Circuit World                          ISSUE: Vol 16 No4
  1990

AUTHOR(S): S Graham, A Hanson, M Hattam, L Jennison, M Jordan, G Klein

    TITLE: The Pink Ring Condition in Multilayer PCBs

If you are interested in obtaining a reprint, please contact Sarah
Goldsmith in our Reprints Department.

Regards,

Trevor Galbraith

> To:            [log in to unmask]
> From:          Jim Reed <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:       Cause and Corrective Actions for Pink Ring and Wedge Voids...
> Date:          Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:29:08 -0700

> We have just identified a problem with PTH reliability caused by Wedge Voids.  We have determined that the voids are associated with occurrences of "Pink Ring".
>
> This is a new problem for us, but we understand many other fabricators have successfully eliminated this defect from their products.  I would like to know what causes this problem and how to elimi
na
> e it.
>
> We are focusing our efforts now on our Reduced Oxide pre-lamination treatment process and drilling.
>
> We are also concern about our the material based on the T 260 C - TMA Delamination test IPC650 2.4.24.1.
>
> Any inputs would be welcome.   Thank you for your support.
>
>                                 Regards,
>
>                                 Jim Reed, Texas Instruments, Austin, TX
>
> Voice = 512 250-7172,
> Fax =   512 250-7967,