TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
"Roland Jaquet" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 13:28:19 +0200
We have been using this technology with excellent results.
On additional advantage is the capability to covert with ED Resist the
inside of a hole.. rendering pad less possible with no problem.
There is PCB manufacturers in Europe that are using this technology as well
as in the US, and it is used for numerous years in Japan.

We at Henri Jaquet SA had a fire due to the HASL machine and stopped
production, but the experience we made was excellent, quality wise is
became better than the dry film. The key point is handling and cleanroom.

Shipley's PEPR process is in competition with Ciba-Geigy and there is an
American one (Patricia's input if you please).

Regards
Roland

----------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: What is ED?
> Date: samedi, 31. mai 1997 17:32

> >Sometime ago, a PCB manufacturer gave a presentation and talked about
"ED"
> >  technology while unfortunately I was not present. People in the
> >  presentation are still not clear what ED is and asked for my help. I
am
> not
> >
> >  a PCB expert either. I tried to find something on the net w/o luck.
> >
> >  Is ED a new resist technology? What are the conventional technologies?

> >  Could someone on the net offer some insights or some references?
> >

> Yuan Li:
>
> I suspect strongly that the presenter was referring to Electrophoretic
> Deposition, a relatively new technology in application of photoresist.
Most

*