From:
"Crawford, John A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 96 12:10:00 EST

Following from the EMPF HelpLine in Indianapolis, prepared by John Greaves:
We like to use an etch of hydrogen peroxide, water, and ammonium hydroxide

Usally as follows:
50% NH OH
     3
50% Water and Peroxide (H O )
                   2 2
(note:  text formating will probably not Email well)

We use
20 mL Ammonium Hydroxide
19 mL Water
1 mL 30% Hydrogen Peroxide

Also, acetic acid can be used to attack anything with lead in it.  It also
darkens the surface which probably won't hurt if you are looking at
intermetallics.

Jim Nelson at Buehler is considered at expert at electronic microsection
preparation (probably etching as well) (unfortunately, I believe he retired,
or will be soon)

John Greaves can be contacted through the EMPF HelpLine at
[log in to unmask] or 317.226.5616