From:
"Ralph Hersey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
6 Aug 1996 10:25:59 -0700
Mail*Link(r) SMTP               FWD>FAB:  Depositing Beryllium

Gordy,

Beryllium cannot be deposited by any traditional electro- or electorless
plating methods, it can be plated by physical vapor deposition (PVD).  Years
ago we did some here at work and at one time there was a commercial PVD
company here in Livermore, CA that was doing it.  I'm not sure if they still
do, due to the environmental, safety and health concerns.  I'll contact our
PVD personel and see if they can help you or point you in the right direction.

Ralph Hersey

--------------------------------------
Date: 8/6/96 9:23 AM
From: Seppanen Gordy
Can Beryllium (Be) be electro-formed or electroplated?  Can it also be
deposited by electroless, vapor phase, or any other means other than adhesive
laminations?  We make a part out of Be which is expensive to manufacture due
to the toxicity of Be dust when it is machined.  I would like to make the part
out of another material and coat it with Be.

Is it feasible?

Gordy Seppanen
Materials Engineer-Surface Finishing Lab
Honeywell Inc
612/951-5522