Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 96 10:14:07 PST
It's certainly "do-able".  Conformal coating adhesion testing was done as part
of the "Evaluation of Low Residue Sodeirng for Military and Commercial
Applications:  A Report from the Low Residue Sodlering Task Force", report
published by Sandia National Labs in June 1995.   I would note however that the
rankings did differ from process to process and it really depends on

        YOUR process (ie. flux, how much you add, solder process, etc)
        YOUR PWB incoming cleanliness (CRITICAL if you really are doing "no
                     clean)
        YOUR end item use environment (does coating just have to "cure and
                     stick" or do you do humidity exposure type testing??)

Jim Maguire
Senior Principal Engineer
Boeing Defense & Space Group
PO Box 3999 M/S 3W-97