Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 96 12:49:31 CST

     Smocks have SOME ESD value only when they are antistatic treated after
     they are cleaned - every time they are cleaned.

     Even that's very debatable:

          1.  The cleaners - how they clean and what they use.

          2.  How they are handled/stored in the workplace.

          3.  How often they are used and cleaned.

          4.  What the worker is wearing underneath - (let's keep it
              clean).

     And even at that point, the only thing that's guaranteed is a common
     background ESD level of all workers in the workplace.  Instead of a
     wideband (wide sampling) of static producing clothing worn by workers,
     you have a narrowband (narrow sampling) of static producing clothing.