Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 16:00:18 -0500
To all those subscibers I've misled,

I made the statement "...Entek doesn't work on flex..."  This was a
misleading statement and I'd like to clarify myself.

The flex manufacture I was working for wanted very much to approve an
annti-ox coating for a very large OEM.  The problem encounterd was that this
program had stiffeners and/or heat sinks on the parts.  These
heatsinks/stiffeners created hot spots in the IR reflow which can cook off
the coating.  It was for this reason that I made the above statement.

I meant in no way to discourage the use of such coatings on flex,  but only
to be careful.

As a former engineer in the flex industry, I'm a big proponent of flex
circuity, and should be more care about throwing statements out onto this
forum without more clarification.

Again I apologize,

ps. Though I've learned my lesson, I'll give my address for further
chewing-out.