From:
Steve Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 10:17:03 -0700
I have been told in the past by PCB vendors that IPC controls the amount
of plating one can expect in a double sided plated thru board which may
contain both, holes with pads on both sides and some that have pads on
one side only. Can anyone tell me what section of what spec I might find
this in. I am writing a PCB general requirement standard for our company
and we have this situation on alot of our older boards. We have stoped
this practice and now place a min pad (.015 over hole dia) on the
component side.

Thak you for any help.

Steve Collins
PCB Design Supervisor