Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 16:42:39 -0400
Wolfe, Robert wrote:

> Need some help.
> We have a situation where we would like to document two or possibly more
> different board assemblies on one panel, that may want to also be produced
> separately. Each board has its own part number. We have separate
> An example is a CPU card that always has to have a flash memory module on
> it. We want to fabricate, assemble, and test these two boards together. But
> they really need to be two separate numbers, and there will be a need to
> only produce memory modules separately.
> Any suggestions???

	Since the CPU's will always need memory, and memory will not
	always need CPU, I'd suggest the following:

	Select the panel size that holds the CPU and "pad" the rest
	of the panel with memory images.  Secondarily select another
	panel and populate only with memory.

	Then, when ordering CPU's you'll get some "near-free" memory.
	You can also order additional memory to your heart's content.

	I'm assuming that layer usage, impedance, and aperture lists
	are compatible, and that you can manage the revisions of the
	memory card over the multiple panels.

	Good luck,

        Jeff Seeger                             Applied CAD Knowledge
Inc
        Chief Technical Officer                      Tyngsboro, MA
01879
        [log in to unmask]                               508 649