From:
Bob Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 16:03:06 -0700
Depending on the process used, LPI can effectively plug vias. The
question is how large the vias are and what percent failure is
acceptable. As you state, however, the only way for 100% coverage of
vias is to use a dry film solder mask. Many companies will accept 90%
coverage and use an LPI.

Bob Metcalf
Morton Electronic Materials

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 10/14/96
03:46pm >>>
Item Subject: PLUGGED VIAS -Reply
     The only soldermask I am aware of that can plug vias is dry film mask.

      If there is an LPI mask that can covers vias can someone tell me
     about this.

     Thank You:
     Steve O'Hara