From:
[log in to unmask] (Jan Satterfield)
Date:
Friday, August 02, 1996 9:14AMFri, 02 Aug 96 13:43

Pick one!

WS 6536  (Old)
Characteristics of a  cold solder connection 1)  Flux has been vaporized,
but heat was withdrawn before solder had properly flowed.  2)  Solder does
not feather-out on wire or terminal.  Glossary of terms:  Unsatisfactory
connection resulting from nonwetting, and exhibiting an abrupt rise of the
solder from the surface being soldered.

DOD-STD-20003A  (Old)
Cold Solder Connection:   A cold solder connection may be characterized by
varying degrees of incomplete solder flow, graininess, and areas of improper
wetting.

MIL-STD-2000
Cold Solder Connection:  A cold solder connection is a connection in which
the solder has not properly flowed and wetted the surface and the solder
does not feather out on the connection elements.

IPC--T-50
Cold Solder Connection:  A solder connection exhibiting poor wetting and a
grayish, porous appearance  due to insufficient heat, inadequate cleaning
prior to soldering, or excessive impurities in the solder.