From:
Ron Gedney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 14:43:51 -0400 (EDT)
Binghamton University has a "Solder Technology for Electronics Packaging
Symposium" each fall run by the Office of Continuing Education. It is a two
day event with invited speakers and topics on solder technology of current
interest. This year it will be followed by an IEEE Workshop on BGA/Flip Chip
Packaging, so looking at a theme that would flow into area array interconnect.

We are looking for some advice: What solder topics would be of the most
interest to you, if you were to attend. Some thoughts we are kicking around
(as relates to fine line, SMT boards): Solder masks; solder application to
the board (e.g. screen, HASL, plate, lift-off, other - ? (maybe no solder at
all on the pads)); no clean fluxes; no lead solders - types, characteristics
of, practical application data with; area interconnection demand on boards;
microvia formation.

We are going to start putting the program together next week and line up
topics and speakers, so any input would be appreciated.
Ron Gedney
607-777-4335, fax 4683