From:
RICK VERNON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 13:12:08 -0500
We have recently purchased a Malcom PC-1TL viscometer with VS-3
measurement head. We plan on using this device to measure paste
viscosity.

I am looking for information on how the Malcom system compares to the
Brookfield spindle system. I understand that the readings are not directly
comparable. Technical publications and other references would be
appreciated. I have ordered a paper from EMPF (PET0001-Implementing
SPC on Solder Paste), but haven't received this yet.

I performed a calibration check per the Malcom documentation and found
that the recommended measurement period wouldn't give the proper
results. The equipment was new at the time. I found that I needed to
increase the measurement period to get the specified calibration sample
viscosity. Is this normal?

BTW- thanks for putting up with my automatic replies over the last
weekend. This won't happen again.

Rick Vernon, QA Engineer
Phoenix International Corp.
(701)282-9364