Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 96 14:45:56 CST
     Mike,

     Although I have no experience with X-ray techniques for excessive
     Sn/Pn migration on what sounds like a populated board, I would have to
     be absolutely convinced that x-raying is allowed from an independent
     source - publication, standard, etc.

     Depending upon the field intensity, flooding semiconductor material
     with x-rays can:

     1. Knock electrons loose starting current flow and voltage potentials.

     2. Introduce interstitial defects into semiconductor material.

     If you are working with an unpopulated board, please ignore.

     Doug