TECHNET Archives

June 1999

From:
Kathy Palumbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 13:41:47 -0700
Garry,

We use Alpha Fry group (a division of AlphaMetals).  They supply the empty
drums, manifestation paperwork, drum labels, and transportation.  Our
operators put all empty tubes, jars, solder paste wipes, and anything else
that has solder paste on it in these drums.  Alpha Fry has a tranportation
company pick-up the full drums and drop off empty drums.  Alpha Fry recycles
100% of the waste, and we recieve a check for what ever they were able to
reclaim.  This is a huge savings for us, since it has eliminated the need
for a hazardous waste company to manifest and pick up our waste (a savings
of $10,000/year).

My contact is in Irvine, Ca., but I am sure they have contacts near you as
well.  Their phone number is 800-742-1074 ext. 4538.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Kathy Palumbo