From:
[log in to unmask] ( RAIMONDS BELDAVS)
Date:
Thu, 07 Mar 1996 21:52:52 EST
One of our PCB suppliers is going to substitute the Blackhole through
hole metallization process for their conventional electroless copper
process. This supplier provides us with 4 to 10 layer boards, some of
which have vias 0.010" in diameter.

This is a relatively new process. Supplier sponsored lab test reports
are available which show favorable results. Something that I have not
yet found are fabricators or end users of boards made with this
process. I would appreciate hearing from people who have:

(a) assembled PCBs made with this process into their product and have
some assemblies out in the field, or have done life tests on these
assemblies,

or

(b) fabricated boards using this process and know from experience the
robustness of this metallization process.

Vic Beldavs