From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 13:26:39 -0500 (CDT)
John there isn't a different specimen.  IPC-A-27 was used as the
qualification board for MIL-P-55110C.  My understanding was that as long
as you could build the 10 layer board, the military felt you were able to
handle larger layer counts.  Therefore, no additional higher layer count
pattern was developed.

BTW, IPC-A-27 was replaced with IPC-A-43 as the 10-layer qualification
pattern for MIL-P-55110D. The same logic above still applies.

Regards

David W. Bergman, V.P. of Technical Programs
IPC
2215 Sanders Road
Northbrook, IL  60062-6135
847-509-9700 x340 Phone