TECHNET Archives

August 1998

From:
V B VENKATESH <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>, V B VENKATESH" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:22:03 +0530
Mr. Jeremy Drake
Sorry to interrupt your topic. Since it is of my interest I chipped in.
We manufacture SMD transformers. The SMD bobbins have Gullwing pins. We have to solder the wires of the transformers to these pins and solder at about 430degrees. This puts stress on the pins and the pins loose their coplanarity. We have to maintain a coplanarity better than 0.1mm.

Since your topic is similar I needed some advice  how to adjust it (presently we are adjusting manually which is VERY tiresome and difficult). Could you let me know if you have come across a machine which can do this job or any tool maker who can develop a tool for this adjustment??

Thanks.

V.B.Venkatesh
http://www.hical.com