TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
Jeff McGlaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 07:26:43 -0400

>>> Gary Bliss <[log in to unmask]> 06/25/97
07:19pm >>>
Does anyone have information on soldering to nickel plated
aluminum?  I
have seen an RF shield in a motorola cell phone which was
reflowed
sucessfully with no clean solder paste and I have never been
able to
reproduce this in my facility.  Please respond to the above
address.

Thanks,
Denis Meloche

We have had some success with reflow soldering shields for
RF applications, however we are not using nickel platted
aluminium. We are using 26000 alloy brass with an
electroplatted tin finish.

Jeffrey McGlaughlin
BFGoodrich Avionics Systems Inc.
Columbus Ohio