Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 02:13:04 -0400
Date : 13/5/96 9:56
Msg From: ATUL RASTOGI
Steve,
Keeping RH to less than 30% in your environment will lead to Static
charge build up.Better method will be to store components after
opening the seal either in a storage oven at a temp of 50 to 60 deg
C(if components are in trays) or in a dry cabinet at RH less than
20%(if components are in tape).This way components can be stored for
a long time without requiring baking.You should use opened components
within a limit ,as defined in IPC SM 786A, on your line or put them
in storage oven or dry cabinet.However you should ensure that total
exposure time does not exceed the limit otherwise you might have to
bake the components.
Atu Rastogi
Altos India Ltd