TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
Vickie Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:17:27 -0700

This post caught my eye because it's implied that "around 400 to 600ppm" is
considered a good solder defect rate coming directly off a wave solder machine.

I would like to know how others feel about this. What do you consider an
acceptably "good" wave solder defect rate (before any touch-up, of course!) on
mixed technology boards? With what minimum lead pitch?

I have read benchmarking studies which say that there are people out there
getting very close to ZERO ppm.... if so, someone out there ought to have direct
knowledge of this!