TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
"Charles Elliott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
4 Jun 1997 16:14:46 U
        Reply to:   RE>Measuring QFP Lead Pitch

Hi Hal,

The easiest way to verify the pitch is to return some devices to your
supplier for a failure analysis.  They can report back to you if there
are any pitch issues.

I have come across a similar issue with 0.4mm pitch QFP's.  A method
which I am considering is to send the parts to a lab for CMM
measurements.  In my case, the devices are mechanical samples.
A quick method for verifying the pitch on a few devices is to use an
LSM (if you have one).  Alternatively, you can use one of your pick and
place machines for measurements (I know this is available on the
Panasonic MPAIII).

If you hear of other services to perform this, please let me know.

Hope this helps.
Charles Elliott
NPI Process Engineering
Newbridge Networks