From:
"Edwards, Ted A (AZ75)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
25 Apr 1996 09:08:17 -0500

     We are looking for a tool to give to our engineers before they hand off
a design to the design group that would allow them to assess trade offs of
their PWB.  They are always asking questions like , if I go pads only and
add two more layers is my board less expensive(e.g. 16 layers instead of 14
layers)?  We wonder if anyone has such a tool and would share it.  Coomb's
has a simple one in the new edition and we like the idea of a point count
system, but the one in the book is too simplistic as we deal in 10 layers
minimum, two to three different controlled impedance's in the same board, 16
mil holes, 25 mil pitch, etc.  If anyone has such a matrix and will share
it, please send to:
     Ted Edwards
     Honeywell
     Box 21111, Mail Stop V16C3