From:
"Yuen, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 96 14:12:00 CDT

Thank  you for all your responses on this subject!!

I summarized the responses and created a small list of vendors and reference
material  that might be useful to some of you. I am still looking for more
information on  this subject and would appreciate your comments and
suggestions. A group reported a 30,000 PPM defect rate with hot bar
soldering. I wonder if someone can comment on this!!

Crtical Factors to consider for Hot bar Application:
 - Cycle Time
 - Temperature Control
 - Pressure Control
 - Tip Life
 - Programming

Potential Vendor
Teka Interconnection Sys.     (401)-781-5730
Unitek Miyachi           (818)-303-5676.
Palomar Products         (619)-931-3622
Todco General Inc.  (619)-549-9229
Pace Miniwave (???)

Literature  Reference
"Development in Hot Bar Reflow", by Larry Robert Circuits Assembly, Aug.
1991
"Fine Pitch Hot bar Reflow with low temp solder and thick PWB", by Donald C
Burr, Nepcon West 1992
"Hot Bar Lead Attachment Process Optimization for TAB OLB", by Foo- Ming Fu,
Larry Dodson, IEPS 1991

You may also try the following web sites:
PCMCIA sponsored PC CardLink
     http://www.pc-card.com
     http://www.pc-card.com:80/
AMP's web