From:
"Yuen, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 02 May 96 09:07:00 CDT

Hi Harlan,

Q:  Is there a  relationship (weak or strong) between solids-content and
     viscosity or do I keep the solids-content a constant and simply
     ask for a lower viscosity solder-paste if I need it for (PIH)?

A: Yes, but you need to determine whether that is the significant factor
affecting your     process. ( DOE of PIH:  Refer to Journal of SMT 1995 PTH
soldering with Solder     paste reflow by Bill Barthel, EAC) If you try to
do fine-pitch and Paste-In-Hole at the same time, I think the thickness of
you stencil will have more impact to the amount of paste desposite than
paste  viscosity. Anyway, I think there are several  factors  that  you need
to look into at the same time.

     1. Stencil Thickness
     2.  Stencil aperatures
     3. PCB Application