From:
Kevin Meek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 15:48:25 -0700
We are a small MIL-SPEC shop, currently in the market
for an AOI system.  As we have no previous experience
with in-house AOI, we'd sure like some input from those
who have already been there.  The three systems we are
considering are:

Orbotech PC-1411
Gerber Insight 20/20
Camtek 2V30 P

We plan to use the AOI to inspect inner layers (both
before and after etch), as well as artwork and anything
else we can think of!  We'd like to know:

How easy is your system to setup & use?
Do you use CAD reference and/or DRC?
How accurate is the system?
How reliable is the equipment?
How do you rate the manufacturers service & support?

We'd really appreciate any comments you have on AOI, thanks!

--
Kevin Meek - Pre-Production Engineer   [log in to unmask]
Scotts Valley Circuits, Inc.      voice (408)438-2412