TECHNET Archives

October 2005

From:
Phillip Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phillip Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:28:18 -0700
Hi Terry,

Can't you get another material qualified?    Just the word Stycast brings back nightmares from days of old as compared to the newer materials such as Tough Gel, and other silicones.....Mary Pon at Epmar used to have some good alternates if you really cannot get rid of the epoxy curse....but it has been quite a while since I talked with her.

If not, I can tell you that at GD, we used to requalify such materials with a shelf life of one half of the original shelf life if the material had been stored unopened in the proper conditions....after testing the properties, that is.

Hope this helps....

Phil

Terry Quinn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
My company uses Stycast E-151-3 epoxy. Our demand is small but the
manufacturer has a high minimum buy quantity. We cannot use the material
up before the expiration date. The manufacturer refuses to recertify the
material. Does anyone else use this material and have a similar problem?
Would you like to go in on an order with us so we could all have a chance
to use up the epoxy?