Date:
Wed, 08 May 96 17:02:58

     I agree with the below comments and would add:

     The thicker the resist viscosity and coating weight, the greater the
     possibility of bubble retention. The lower the temperature, generally
     the thicker the viscosity.  Fast stirring will fold air into the
     system so stir as slowly as possible but long enough for complete
     mixing. It's generally best to stand before use to let trapped air
     come out over a period of an hour or so.  Perhaps more to the point...

     Talk to your supplier.

     LPISM suppliers have tech support staff to whom problems like this are
     bread and butter.  Viscosity control is sensible even just before use
     in cases where little mixed mask is used per shift (some masks thicken
     on storage) but this might not be the whole answer.  Part of the job
     of formulating LPISM's involves additives to reduce bubbling,
     reticulation etc.  Your supplier will know about bubbling and should
     be able to help.  He might even be able to recommend a minor change in
     resist (viscosity, thinning solvent etc) to meet your particular
     requirements.

          Bob Courtney
          Coates Circuit Products