From:
[log in to unmask] (Mike Cussen)
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 96 15:29 EST
Question:

Is there information available about types of bonding or adhesives compounds used to
stabilize components on PWB's.  Example: hot melts, silicone and epozy.

The marketing cataloges offer many, many different types of adhesives, with
discreptions that there products will work for stabilizing PWB components. This is
good but what I need is staticstical data that supports those adhesive.

An oppurtunity we ran into is, the hot melt we were using worked great for years, then
this product was shipped further south, the tempurature in the controls was about 100
to 115 degrees Fahrenheit, so the hot melt begins to get soft so the stability factor is
removed, parts began to break or shear, excetra. These products are predominately
used in the automotive manufacturing environment.

If you have any ideas or learned experiences that you would like to share please let
me know.

Michael Cussen
Medar Inc.
medar.com!mcussen