From:
[log in to unmask] (Mike Cussen)
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 96 09:32 EST

 The layout group wanted me to ask the TechNet group this question.

 We are in the process of designing a circuit board that will be two
 layers, SMT, and FR4 material. We have one SO8 package that will be getting
 a bit warm due to the design. One side of this SO8 package, has four
 pins of the same net, the designer would like to tie all these pads to one
 large ground pad. They are concerned about thermal relief and the reflow
 process. What kind of problems may we have?

 Michael Cussen
 Medar Inc.