From:
Max Bernhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 08 Oct 96 08:37:00 PDT

Ed,

We have been having a bear of a time with the 40 pin TSOP's that you have
mentioned.  When we contacted Intel's technical support about this, they
said that no one has ever complained about soldering these parts.  However,
Intel recently came out with a document detailing how the new parts
(proposed release date November) will have copper lead frames.  We are
hoping that this solves our problem.  If you need a copy of this paper
please contact me.

Max Bernhardt
Woodward Governor Co.
970-962-7376